Sunday, September 5, 2010

An Inaugural Scary Tree in Sleepy Hollow

Two challenges and a whole lotta Cricut work. I am adding this card to the inaugural 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge. You gotta love a new challenge blog!!! It follows (as best I could) the sketch that is there. I am also submitting this for the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge of "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" with a requirement of using a scary Halloween Tree. I *adore* Halloween, so I was all set to dive into this theme.
Cardstock: SU Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive
Patterned Paper: K&Co newsprint, SU retired halloween paper 
Stamps: SU Everyday Flexible Phrases
Texture Embossing: Sizzix Halloween Set #2
Cricut Cartridges: Tree-Stretch Your Imagination, Vine - Straight from the Next, Large leaves & Giant label shape - Accent Essentials
Stitching to create the tree hollow (thread is olive colored)
Random button

6 comments:

  1. Wicked card Janet! So glad you came and joined us for our very first challenge! I hope to see more of your wonderful creations...

    Lori - 4 Crafty Chicks DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I can almost feel the leaves blowing!
    Love the stitching on the tree -nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet this is an very cool card. Your circuit work is amazing. Your detail is just amazing and I think you did a really great job with the sketch. All the little details are rockin'. Thanks for joining us for our first ever challenge and I hope you will keep on joining us. Fabulous inspiration.

    Tamie - 4 Crafty Chicks DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooo - I'm not usually a Halloween kinda gal but I love the colors and your interpretation of the 4CCC sketch! I also love the stitching on your tree... so cute! Thanks for playing with the 4 Crafty Chicks - hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! What a great Halloween card - LOVE that tree and the way you used the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge - hope you will join us again next week!!!
    Big hugs,
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card love the pattern paper look spooky thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment relevant to something you've seen or read on my blog.